Saturday, February 26, 2011

Conviction and Obedience

"In the absence of biblical conviction, people go the way of culture."  Sally Clarkson

I absolutely love this quote...mainly because it is so very true.  I have had a lot of biblical convictions come into my life in the past few years.  I notice that the more I read the bible and interact with it, the more of those convictions I get!  Some have been incredible blessings to myself as well as my family.  Some have been hard to take.  Some have offended other Christians. 

I decided to follow Jesus and His commands...doing everything I possibly could to live biblically.  (I fail miserably almost every day!)  However, as I began to walk in obedience, I noticed that other Christians started to ignore me or harass me or even tell me that the bible didn't really apply to modern society.  Pain and loss invaded my life.  The pain of having so-called friends degrade me for my decisions...and loss of other friends altogether.  So it has been difficult to swallow.

Even though I have suffered (just a little) I continue to strive to live in obedience to God's word.  Every day presents a choice: I can walk humbly with my God or I can walk away from Him.  Experience has proven that when I am living in disobedience, life is so much harder.  So, I will choose to walk in obedience tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, etc.  Thank You Lord for sending the Holy Spirit to be my helper...how I desperately cling to You because I know that I am completely unable to do it by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment